Through mild stimulation of the nervous system, acupuncture can produce a wide-ranging “reset” of the body’s inherent healing systems. In this way, acupuncture reduces pain, modulates immunity, balances functioning, calms and energizes.
Acupuncture can be used alone or in combination with high-quality herbal formulas and supplements to effectively provide:
- Pain reduction and accelerated healing of injuries and strains, including sports and motor vehicle accidents.
- Reduction in pain related to headaches, migraines, arthritis and post surgery.
- Immune support, reducing frequent infections and relieving allergies, sinusitis and certain lung conditions.
- Adjunctive care for cancer therapies, Multiple Sclerosis and other autoimmune conditions and chronic pain.
- Reduced stress and anxiety.
- Improved sleep.
- Adjunctive care for smoking cessation and substance abuse
- Relief from menstrual problems and menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.
Depending on the condition being treated, acupuncture usually involves a series of two to ten treatments. Following this, a regular treatment every few weeks is usually very helpful in chronic conditions. “Tune-up” treatments several times a year can also be valuable.
Thomas Martin, LAc