Difficulties of all kinds, including work or family stress, life transitions, obsessive behaviors and mood problems may lead one to seek therapy. Challenges to our mental well-being can be indications of underlying depression as well as physiological imbalances.
Psychotherapy provides a non-judgmental environment in which one can feel connected, supported, and understood, while exploring new approaches and strategies for addressing your concerns. And the multidisciplinary, collaborative nature of Elevate Health provides an uncommon depth of resource for our experienced psychologist and her clients.
Counseling can be a tremendously supportive path for diverse challenges, both situational and organic, acute or longstanding, including:
- Sleep disturbance
- Relationship concerns
- Parenting issues
- Job and career stress
- Dietary concerns
- Sexual dysfunction
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive thoughts and behaviors
All Elevate Health practitioners understand that vibrant health is dependent on the harmony of not only physical, nutritional, and environmental influences, but psychological, spiritual and social factors as well.
Rebecca Robb, PsyD
Dr. Robb addresses not simply the symptoms, but the whole person using five basic tools to treat emotional and physical distress.
- Relationship – The most important healing occurs in the context of the relationship between the patient and the therapist. An objective perspective in an atmosphere of trust, free of judgment is an essential foundation for therapy.
- Education – Exploring new information frequently stimulates problem solving giving rise to strategies that inspire change
- Nutrition – Balancing body chemistry is fundamental to a sense of well being. The best medicine is on the end of a fork.
- Insight – Understanding how present feelings and actions relate to past events and relationships often offers valuable understanding of recurrent behaviors.
- Collaboration – Working together with multidisciplinary practitioners broadens the investigation of underlying causes of non-optimal health.
By shifting the focus from the psychiatric disorder to the patient, Dr Robb strives to partner with you on your personal journey to peak mental, physical and spiritual wellness.